Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Home Sweet Home

Happy to report that after several weeks of anguishing over my options, I found a very cool and unique apartment in the heart of Amsterdam’s Jordaan neighborhood. I’m right around the corner from my good friend Steven and just a canal away from Atlanta Jim (and just downstairs from my new, and very friendly, landlord Piet). My new home is in an 18th century building and the apartment itself used to be shop. It was converted with a living/dining area on the ground floor and a loft-type bedroom just above. I have a little work ahead to Andrea-ize the place, but it’s good to have my luggage finally unpacked and to finally feel like I’m really a resident of Amsterdam!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

So glad that you found a place in an area that you like! I can't wait to see it!